Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – you need energy after a long nights sleep. Time, however, is usually not abundant in the morning, especially when you have kids to get ready for school! This Easy Breakfast Burrito recipe will simplify things and you can even wrap it and take it on-the-go! Prep some of the ingredients (like chopping onions and grating cheese) ahead of time to make this recipe come together even faster!
Easy Breakfast Burrito
- Frying pan
- Cheese Grater
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat
- Crack eggs and put in bowl. Add salt and pepper and beat with fork
- Once butter is melted and bubbling, add eggs to pan
- While eggs are still uncooked, add green onions and cheese
- Using wooden spoon, begin to stir/fold eggs until fully cooked (note, cheese will be gooey and sticky)
- Remove pan from heat, turn off stove
Putting it Together
- Scoop eggs onto a tortilla wrap
- Add hot sauce on top of eggs
- Fold tortilla wrap by tucking in the sides and rolling one end up towards the other
You can also grill the wrap once it’s put together, using a panini press or frying pan. If you are making these while camping you can wrap in tin foil and put over the fire or BBQ to re-warm ingredients if necessary. A really yummy, but tricky, tip is to fry these which totally changes the tortilla wrap’s texture! Once the wraps are all done, I like to put butter in a frying pan and place wrap in pan for a few minutes each side on medium heat. Turn wraps over carefully so as to not have them open on you and you will have a crispy and airy breakfast wrap! You can also add bacon or ground beef, sausage or steak – so many possibilities! Adding the cheese at the end is possible and less messy but I find adding it to the eggs while cooking helps hold everything together when wrapping.